Wednesday, April 8, 2009

New York's Alright (If You Like Milkbones)



Jesse: Something serious was going on with NYC dogs back in the day. We've all seen The French Connection and know the city was pretty foul around this point but this hardly gets at the sheer amount of fucking biting that must have been going on: with stats like these you probably couldn't get from your apartment to the corner bodega without five daschunds latching on to different sections of your leg. What was behind this? Rabies epidemic? Post-hippie disillusionment? Part of me likes to imagine that dogs are big sticklers for human propriety and the image of so many junkies and deadbeats sleeping half in a garbage can and half on a park bench sent them into a frenzy of civic responsibility.

Lisa: Once on the subway I saw a dog he was wearing a vest and I was so surprised my foot missed the last step and went tumbling to the ground. The only thing I could do at this point of course was get up pet the dog and continue on my way, but as I approached the blond pup a woman that I did not know PLEASE DO NOT PET THE DOG WHILE HE'S WORKING and I decided I didn't even want to go out anymore so I turned around and went home.

No comments: